The good thing about being a community manager is that you never stop learning . The more you research, read, or share knowledge with other peers, you realize how much you still have to know. I’m sorry to say that we will never know everything about digital marketing, social networks and everything they contain.
Today I want to share 50 social media tricks that you probably did not know – some sure that they do – that will help you improve the daily management of your social networks. I will specifically address certain aspects of Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google Business.
1. Verification of Facebook fan page . It does not take a big company or brand to verify your fan page. This will help users to know that the page is authentic. Doing so is very simple. Go to “Settings” and in the third option “Page verification” will give you the option to verify it through the phone that appears in the “Information” section. As soon as you click on “Call” you will receive on that phone a call with a code. Indicate in the box the code that you have been told and … You already have your page verified!
2. Segmentation of publications by language if you go to audiences that speak different languages or by geographical areas when you want to reach an audience of a specific area. This will prevent you from posting a post with the same text in several languages. To do this, you should only segment by language before publishing or programming. If you do not see this option, check the configuration, namely: ” Public of the section of news and visibility of publications”
3. Soak up your posts on other sites . This way your page will gain visibility and increase the interaction. Here is an example of a post embedded.
4. If you manage different advertising campaigns of different clients, do it through Business Facebook . This is the tool that Facebook makes available to digital marketing agencies to safely manage different pages and / or advertising accounts.
5. Never delete a negative comment , if you do not want it to be visible, hide it, but whoever has written it and your friends can continue to see it. If you do, it could turn against you because you will only be able to annoy your users even more. The first thing to do in these cases is to answer the comment, but when it is offensive or lacks credibility, it is best to hide it, not delete it. The author and his friends will continue to see it, but not the rest of followers.
6 . Coarse filter . If your page, because of its theme, is likely to receive offensive comments, I recommend you check the configuration of it. In “profanity filter” modify it to high and in “page moderation” put those that are susceptible of being written and that do not interest us: scam, scoundrel, theft, deception … and its derivatives with misspellings. Yes, do not hesitate to write “Sinberguenza”.
7.User reviews or ratings. We refer to the valuations that users make about a business with physical location and, in addition to the comment, add a rating from 1 to 5. These, as long as they are positive, will help us to improve the online reputation of the company and achieve That other users trust in the company. It is important to know that they can not be deleted. Just answer. If for the reason X received negative ratings, it is best to answer them with arguments, so that other users can create their own opinion. However, in case we do not want it to appear, we have to choose to hide them all. How? In the information on the page, below the location map, you have the option:Show map and check-ins on the Page . Turn it off.
8. Customize the image of the links . When you paste a post, you can modify the default image that appears. The more visual this is, the better click through rate in the link you will achieve.
9. By adding different images to a carousel-like link , you can customize each with a different link. This is highly recommended for example for a fashionable ecommerce. If you post a link to the “Women’s Shoes” category, you can share up to 5 photos, in this case, five different shoe models. And then, later, to modify the link of each image by the one of the tab of the product in question.
10.If you want to publish a video, do not publish the Youtube link , upload it directly. Facebook will reward you with a greater organic reach. He does not like the content he directs to other sites.
11. Create calls to action. Facebook offers us different options: send private messages, contact, register, call … Edit the one that best answers your interests.
12.The milestones. If one of the values of your company or brand is your story, enrich your page by telling the most outstanding facts or events. A good example of how to manage milestones is the El País fan page. It tells the story of Spain through its covers in a chronological way.
13. Private messages. Program an automatic message so that when someone writes you a message, you quickly get a response.
14. Third Party Applications Customize tabs that target third-party APPs . A few posts ago I talked about the known third party applications to customize your fan page . Apps that add external content to our fan page. If you wish, you can modify the icon or change the order in which they are displayed. How? Unfold the menu of the tabs of your page and click on “Manage tabs”. Here you can change the displayed name, the icon and the order.
15.Upload animated gifs instead of JPGs. Obviously, this will be more expensive than simply creating a JPG image, and therefore higher cost, but the result is very attractive and will improve the engagement of the publication.
16.If you are a community manager, the best way to learn is to see how the leading companies in each sector do. To do this, create lists by theme of the pages that you want to follow.
CHEATS TO BETTER MANAGE YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT.
17.Add the url of your web in the BIO . This way you achieve a quality link that will help you improve your SEO.
18.Analyze the interaction achieved by each of your tweets through Twitter Analitycs . So you will know which are the contents that work best.
19.Mention correctly. Always add a “.” At the beginning of a tweet if the first word is a mention to another user.
20.Label moderately other users in the images you publish. You can label up to a maximum of 10 accounts, as long as you are giving a benefit to those who tag. The opposite would be SPAM.
21. Use the animated gifs offered by Twitter Twitter for mobile to create more attractive tweets.
22. Make sure that when you share a post from your blog, it displays the title and the featured blog image. To do this you have to insert the famous Twitter Cards in your web or configure them through the SEO plugin, Yoast.
TRICKS TO SUCCEED ON LINKEDIN.
Here are some tips, although in future posts we will talk about how to successfully manage your presence in this professional social network.
23. Customize the url of your personal profile. It is very simple but many users do not take it into account. To do this you have to update your profile settings and create a custom url. This will improve your personal brand and when it is communicated on your business card or email signature, it will be much easier. For example, mine is https://es.linkedin.com/in/communitymanager.
24. Add multimedia content to both your excerpt and your various posts. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you have videos where you present a project where you have participated, or a conference that you have spoken or just a presentation of a case study of your own success, add it to your excerpt or the job description to which they allude.
25.Concisely and clearly describe your “Professional Title” and add keywords. Never put “In active search of employment” or “Looking for new projects”. You are a professional of yours. The only difference with those who are self employed or employed is, unfortunately, you do not have customers to sell your production.
26. Share your own content, your company or third parties. This way you will gain visibility among your contacts and will be a way to show you as an expert in your field. If you want, you can use the programming tools. I advise Hootsuite.
27.If you have programs with Hootsuite, you have the option to modify the link image. However, sometimes the option is not visible. When that happens, program it and then edit it. You will see how you see the option to change the image.
TRICKS TO BE AN AUTHENTIC YOUTUBER.
28. Verify your channel. For this you will only need a mobile phone number to link to and access this page: https://www.youtube.com/verify . This will allow you to upload videos of more than 15 minutes, add annotations, broadcast live events, etc.
29. The number of subscribers increases. How? There are different formulas. One of them is creating a subscription popup when someone accesses your channel from the icon of your web page. This is very simple, just add “? Sub_confirmation = 1” to the end of the link on your YouTube channel. If you click here, you will see what I tell you. Another formula is adding on your videos annotations that invite them to subscribe to the channel. In
30. Add your videos overprints, annotations or cards. This way you can redirect traffic to other videos, your website or ecommerce as long as it is associated with your Youtube channel or add other features that will help you improve the user experience.
31. Customize the url of your YouTube channel. For this you must meet certain requirements: exceed 100 subscribers, have a cover image and avatar, a minimum of 30 days old or have linked your Google+ account with the YouTube channel.
32.Link the YouTube channel with its corresponding Google+ page . For this you must be administrator of both. This will allow the videos to be viewed from the Google+ page.
33. Customize the thumbnail image of your videos. This is another possibility offered by verified accounts. This will increase the CTR of your videos. In most cases, users choose a video based on the image of the thumbnail.
34. Create gifs with video fragments. To do this you must add “gif” to the video url, for example www.gifyoutube.com/… This will create your own original content for your posts in other social networks.
35. Share a Youtube video from a specific moment . To do so just add at the end of the url “t = 20s” if you want it to start from the second 20, or t = 45s, if it is from the second 45.
Download a video very simply. Just modify the url and add ss before “youtube”, for example: https: // ss youtube.com/watch?v=9i0s2335.
36.Add a description to all the videos you upload. It is very important that, when you are uploading, write at least the first paragraph. This, in addition to including keywords, should be a brief description of it.
TRICKS TO SUCCEED ON INSTAGRAM and social media dirty tricks .
38. Forget about starting and ending Instagram sessions if you manage different accounts. You can now add different accounts to your mobile app.
39.Make repost the pictures that you like from other users with the APP Repost for Instagram.
40.If you want to download an image, I recommend the APP Insta Download .
41. Automatically post your photos on Twitter or Facebook . In this way you will let your followers know your account. On Facebook I only recommend it in personal profiles. In fan pages, better not, the scope will be smaller.
42. Create your own collages with the APP Layout .
43. Specialize in a topic that you are passionate about.
44. Analyze which are the photos that most like your followers. One tool for this is www.iconosquare.com .
TRICKS TO BE VISIBLE IN GOOGLE MY BUSINESS.
45. Get your clients to make positive reviews (4 or 5 stars) . You can encourage them to leave you one, but without “buying” them. If from day to day you get 10, Google will suspect and penalize you.
46. Answer all opinions . If they are negative, with more reason, but always in a constructive way.
47. Keep all the information on your listing up to date.
48. Add attractive images of your installations or products.
49. Insert the embedded map in your web where the thumbtack of your business location will appear.
50. And the last one … If you do not know it yet, I invite you to discover the Periscope social network or how to broadcast live for the whole world.
For my part, this is all in terms of social media tricks to improve the management of your social networks . However, you know that in this blog it is the custom of the house to share knowledge about digital marketing, and everything that concerns you: SEO, Social Media, SEM, e-mail marketing …
If you want to add some trick, I’ll be happy to add it to the list. It’s your turn!