How to increase google ranking for free ?
If you dedicate yourself professionally to SEO positioning or you want to improve the visibility of your web in the main search engines, you are interested to continue reading this article. In it we will see how to get your blog entries positioned by one or several keywords in the top positions of Google quickly. This will attract quality traffic. Understanding by such, those visits that more possibilities offer us to generate conversions. lets see how to increase google ranking for free ?
DECIDE WHICH KEYWORD IS TO BE OPTIMIZED.
Before starting to write the post, we have to determine which keyword we intend to position.
The first point of an SEO optimization is to perform an audit of the keywords that best define the service or product offered by our website or ecommerce. At this point, we will know which keywords are the best positioned in our website, the ones that generate the most traffic, the trend of them and determine which keywords are the most traffic that can attract our site.
Once analyzed this point, in the strategy of content of the blog, we will define which are the keywords that we will work in each article , according to our objectives of SEO positioning.
Before continuing with the aspects to take into account, it is necessary to install in our wordpress Yoing SEO plugin. At the end of this article I explain why. Also, I will mention other plugins that will help us to verify if we have really done a good job of optimizing SEO on page of our website.
SEO Optimization ArticleSOME SEO TERMS YOU MAY NOT KNOW
Slug. This term, specific to WordPress, refers to the title of the article where the spaces have been replaced with hyphens.
Friendly URL. A friendly url is one that has a clean structure of stop words or other type of characters or numbers. For
They are those words that do not add value to the friendly url, for example, articles, prepositions, conjunctions, etc. Searchers ignore them.
Long Tail Keywords. They are the keywords with less competition but they will bring us higher quality traffic, for example, “buy cheap microwave online”, against the keyword “microwaves”.
Headings H1, H2, H3 . They are the way to tell Google what the content of our page is and what its hierarchy is in terms of its importance.
10 THINGS THAT WILL HELP YOU WRITE AN SEO ARTICLE
The title is the hook of any item. But in addition to knowing how to capture the interest of potential readers, it is important that the keyword that we are working appears in it, and if possible, at the beginning. Its extension must be approximately 70 characters. As we will see at the end, Yoast SEO will tell us whether or not we have the title optimized.
2 The metadescription . A good metadescription will help improve the CRT of the ranked keyword, or what is the same, the chances of people clicking on your content. And this will boost the visibility of the indexed entry. In addition, it should contain the keyword, preferably at the beginning. And its ideal extension is 150 characters.
An attractive metadescription will make users easily click on our result.
CLICK TO TWEET
3 The url of the post . It has to be short, friendly and without words “stop”. Whenever possible, include the term we are working on. The usual thing is that the url or slug are the title words separated with dashes except for prepositions, articles or other words that do not contribute.
4. The extension . It is said that the more extensive the better. True, but not quite. The important thing, beyond the number of words, is the quality and originality of the post. Provide relevant, useful and novel information to readers. And most importantly, let it always be its own content. No copy and paste foreign content. This, as we have seen in other articles , are prohibited practices.
5 The first and last paragraphs are key. Both at the beginning of the post and at the end of the post, it is important that the keywords are present, but varying their wording. That is, using synonyms, plurals, long tail keywords , etc. For example, if we are going to position “rent apartments Valencia”, we can use in terms of terms like “rent of apartments in Valencia”, “rent of holiday apartments”, etc.
6 The structure of the article. The content of the article must be hierarchical and structured by headline tags where the keywords also appear.
7. The header labels H1, H2, H3 … will mark the importance of the content before the eyes of Google. There should not be more than one H1 in an article. This, in most templates, is the title of the post. The H2 usually define the sections of the post, so it will be usual to define several, and the H3 or H4, subsections. Labels (H5, H6 …) are not recommended or necessary.
8. Internal and external links. It is important that from the article itself links to other articles with which there is a relationship or the categories of the blog or online store that you want to enhance. It is also desirable that links to external sources – other pages – of greater authority. In this case, better define the link as nofollow.
An optimal internal link structure is critical to improving SEO positioning.
CLICK TO TWEET
9.Optimized multimedia content . Do not forget to add to your article images, infographics and embedded videos published on Youtube. These should be optimized for SEO. How are they optimized? How to optimize a video for SEO will be topic that I will try in another post. As for how to do the same with an image, in this same post you will get the answer.
10. The density of keywords. Do not SPAM. How many times do you have to repeat the keyword throughout the article? Very simple, the moment you ask yourself if you are going through, is that you are doing. Their presence must be natural, justified in the narration of the text. Thanks to the SEOquake tool we can know the density of each word. My recommendation is that the density does not exceed 2%.
ESSENTIAL TOOLS TO OPTIMIZE AN SEO ARTICLE.
SEO Yoast. The most famous and essential SEO plugin if you want to start optimizing your website. But eye, install in a wordpress this plugging does not mean that the web is optimized for SEO. It is only the first step. This plugin will help you know if your post is optimized. And if it is not, it will tell you what you have to improve.
SEOquake . It is a free extension that you can install in your browser and that allows you to analyze the factors on page of your page and those of the competition. Yes, what you read! You can know if your article is optimized based on the parameters we have been commenting, do the same with posts from other websites that you are interested in analyzing.
Xovi Suite . Without a doubt, the most complete SEO tool I know. In addition to helping you perform audits, it will help you to know which factors on page you need to improve on your website.
IMPORTANT ASPECTS WHEN OPTIMIZING IMAGES
The size of the image. It must be the least possible. My advice, before uploading the image, edit it with Photoshop or any other image editing program, and save it in web version to the size in pixels you really need and the quality needed to make it look good enough. If it is oversized, it will slow down the loading time and this will hurt the SEO and the user experience.
The name of the file. Forget about uploading the file with names like IMG_989.jpg. Modify it to describe the image. For example, if it is the photo of a squid sandwich, let the file be called “sandwich-calamares.jpg”.
The alt attribute or alt text. It is the way to tell the Google spider the content of the photo. All images on our website should have the alt attribute optimized. To do this it will suffice to indicate it in the HTML code of the image being this descriptive, concise and with keyword .
The caption . This will help us contextualize the image and improve its position in Google Images.
HOW TO MAKE IT KNOWN SO THAT IT POSITIONS QUICKLY and increase google ranking for free ?
Viralizar contenido en rrssOnce optimized and published, it is key to make it known to as many readers as possible so that the search engines take it into account and index it quickly. For this, we can use different tools, which, I will comment.
Diffusion in social networks. If you have a wide community of users around your blog or web in social networks, viralise it through your social profiles. Your own followers will help you spread it.
2. Send it to the subscribers list to your blog. Those who have subscribed to your newsletter are really users who are very interested in the content you generate. Do not let them down. Create content values and they will reward you.
3.Plan a campaign on Facebook Ads . To publicize your article and, why not say, your personal brand to new readers, it is convenient to plan an advertising campaign on Facebook Ads .
4. Subscription. Years ago, it was possible to subscribe to the contents of a blog thanks to Google Reader. It disappeared from our lives but its space was replaced by Feedly , an excellent tool to get subscribers.
5 Aggregators of articles. It is also important to make your content known in content aggregators. Some of the best known are menéame, logs, mktfan or disguise me.
This is the best way to increase google ranking for free .
While writing the article, I have optimized it by following every point I mentioned. So, I hope it will soon be indexed as a search result for “How to optimize an article for SEO” . If you want to help me achieve it, it’s either that you share it in your social networks or leave a comment. All sums. And so, more people will know how to improve search engine positioning on their website .