Let’s see in this article 15 truths about SEO that not everyone knows and that should be taken into consideration, especially if you have a company or want to enter the world of SEO.
This SEO truth list is based on a LinkedIn post that I liked so much that I wanted to share it with you here on the blog. I only dealt with translating this list of SEO curiosities ( if you don’t know what it is, find out here ).
Unlike so many other articles you can find here on the SEO themed blog , this one will be very short.
I believe knowledge needs to be shared and this is just the place to share this list of SEO facts.
15 facts about SEO that many ignore
- SEO is not a substitute for PPC
- SEO is a brand marketing tactic , not a direct advertising method.
- You don’t measure SEO success from the revenue you generate.
- Most companies have insufficient SEO budget to achieve success.
- Most marketers don’t appreciate SEO.
- SEO requires a strategy otherwise you will mainly waste time and money.
- The fastest way to find out about your SEO capabilities is to ask to see a website that they own.
- SEO is very similar to medicine . First diagnose why the site is not well positioned, then prescribe a solution and repeat the treatment for as long as necessary until you get results.
- The best way to generate SEO results is to apply the 80/20 approach (Pareto principle)
- SEO value is often misjudged due to a poor understanding of analytics data.
- The SEO investment should come from the marketing budget for your brand.
- SEO success can generally be attributed to the number of NEW visitors to your website . It’s the job of conversion optimization to make sure they come back, sign up, or buy.
- The cost of SEO services is set to rise due to the pandemic as more and more businesses focus online.
- The link building is not as important as content creation.
- SEO should never be your only marketing strategy.
What is the meaning of SEO?
seo what is it?The acronym SEO (SEO optimization, in English “Search Engine Optimization”) refers to those actions useful to achieve, improve and maintain a good visibility of a content compared to all other similar content on the web for a given query.
How likely is it that a user’s query to a search engine like Google will result in a page (SERP: Search Engine Result Page) where your content is prominently featured? Many if at the base there is a correct SEO activity. Almost nil otherwise.
Why is SEO so important?
Do you know how many years the web has been filled with new content every day? For almost thirty years. A very long time for a practically unlimited container. If you want to have any hope of capturing the attention of users who query search engines for specific needs, then resorting to SEO techniques is essential. The alternative is to wander the boundless galaxy of the Internet condemned to eternal oblivion.
Using SEO techniques means doing an effective web marketing , whether you intend to sell something, or whether you simply want to share and therefore make sense of the work you have done in creating web content.
The second reason is that SEO is an Inbound promotion channel , that is, it intercepts users at the very moment in which they themselves are actively seeking a solution to some of their problems or questions.
A user performs a search when he wants; advertisements instead appear even when you are not interested in the sponsored product and when you do not want to be annoyed.
With SEO, which is free, the user himself chooses us among many others.
Why does he do it? Because we are higher in the Google rankings and we better satisfy its search intent: we will most likely have a page with better content than those in a lower position than ours.
How is SEO done?
how does seo work SEO optimization strategies and practices are many and concern the many aspects of a website, from HTML structure to link management.
Specifically, the SEO activity is mainly divided into two macro-categories areas :
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
With the term On-Page SEO we mean the whole set of optimization strategies put into practice within the pages of the site to be positioned in the SERP. This macro-area includes, for example, the SEO optimization of the HTML code and the optimization of the website contents.
And here it is necessary to open a chapter of crucial importance for SEO optimization: the choice of keywords (or keywords) , the process of which is called keyword research .
And that’s it for this post!
Yes, I know you thought that posts must be at least 3000 words in order to rank on Google. Well, that’s not exactly how it works, although it can often be a competitive advantage.
What really matters most is creating useful and impactful content .
Another very important thing is to update the pages of your site with current information and perhaps use some advanced techniques such as implementing a tool on your site .